Do you enjoy writing? We invite you to contribute to our website and electronic newsletter, Cuttings, in either of two categories:
Articles of general interest e.g.
- sustainable gardening and building community.
- food security and resilience through gardening.
- gardening tips.
Stories about gardening experiences e.g.
- Your personal patch, whether it be a great vegie garden, a sustainable haven for wildlife, a polystyrene box growing lettuce on a balcony.
- A seed saver, food swap or similar group or local community garden.
- A particular area of passion.
- Something interesting or bizarre going on in your garden.
- Career and business opportunities in sustainable gardening.
If you would like to see some examples of the sort of thing we are after, click here to see some of the reader’s stories that have already been published.
Articles and stories will be reviewed for their suitability by the Editor.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCTS OR COMPANY. No matter how sustainable they may be… this is not the correct place for it.
- All stories and articles should be original. Anything previously published should be referenced or a link made to the appropriate web page.
- Keep submissions to between 500 and 1000 words if possible.
- Photos should be added as separate attachments in jpg format with around 500 Kb – 1 Mb size. Please do NOT insert them into Word docs, just make a note in the doc where the picture should appear.
- Landscape format works better than portrait, especially if photos need to be cropped.
- Make sure you include your full name and a contact phone number.
- We may need to make editorial changes to both grammar and content and will take care of formatting and preparing your article for publishing.
- Please email your submission to the editor email@example.com
- Authors will be credited and copyright will remain with the author.
- We will let you know whether or not your article or story is to be published.
So get your quills out and get creative – write on!
Photo: Tracey Martin