We invite you to become either a Member or an Associate Member of Sustainable Gardening Australia Incorporated (SGA Inc.) to strengthen our organisation and give recognition to those who share our vision and support our activities.
As a not-for-profit, non-government organisation, SGA Inc relies on donations and volunteers to provide our educational, training, networking and advisory services through our forums, workshops, website, Facebook page and videos.
Becoming a Member of SGA means that:
- your contributions to our organisation and to the planet’s well being are recognised
- you will receive invitations to special events
and that you are entitled to:
- receive notice of general meetings and of proposed special resolutions
- submit items of business for consideration at a general meeting attend and be heard at general meetings
- vote at a general meeting
- have access to the minutes of general meetings and other documents of the organisation
- to receive a discount of 15% on charges for SGA activities.
Membership is open to people who support the Values and Rules of the organisation and who have participated in it in a meaningful way. That is you have contributed in one of the following ways:
- written 2 articles for the website in the last three years, OR
- served on the Board or other groups or committees associated with the organisation for at least one year, OR
- as volunteers, contributed an average of 2 hours per month over the last year, OR
- have attended 4 Green Gardening Professionals nights over the last financial year, OR
- been involved in the management of a community group affiliated with SGA or of an organisation aligned with SGA’s mission and values (e.g. SGA POD, community garden, ACF) OR
- been part of the ECLIPS or Garden Retail Centre programs and can demonstrate that you are still meeting SGA standards, OR
- paid a fee of $250 per annum.
To apply for Membership, please complete the Membership Application Form
Becoming an Associate Member of SGA Inc means that you:
- will be contributing to the earth’s wellbeing by helping to promote gardening sustainably
- are recognised for supporting SGA’s Purpose, Values and Rules
- receive a discount of 15% on charges for SGA activities (forums, workshops etc)
An annual Associate Membership Fee of $50 is payable by June 30 each year.
To apply for Associate Membership, please complete the Associate Membership Application Form with payment.