Do you adore alliteration, can you tell a good tale, or do you simply have a passion for your patch and want to share it? Then we want to hear from you. We are inviting YOU to share your stories, skills, passions and expertise with us.
Send us your story, tell us your gardening tale, and share your passion, skill, and knowledge with the SGA community. We can’t guarantee we will publish everything and you may have to wait a while to see your patch on our pages, but we will do our best to tell your story to the SGA community.
If you would like to see some examples of the sort of thing we are after, click here to see some of the reader’s stories that have already been published.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCTS OR COMPANY. No matter how sustainable they may be… this is not the correct place for it. Any submissions that are plugging something will simply be deleted.
Stories and photos that relate to sustainable gardening, produce growing, community, sustainability and more are welcome, for example;
- Your personal patch, whether it be a great vegie garden, a sustainable haven for wildlife, a polystyrene box growing lettuce on a balcony, share your garden and your experiences in it.
- If you’re involved in a gardening, seed saver, food swap or similar group, an SGA POD, or local community garden we would love to hear about it.
- Do you have a particular area of passion or expertise relating to gardening and sustainability? Write an article on this.
- Have something awesome, unique, interesting or bizarre going on in the garden?
Things to keep in mind…
- You will be fully credited on the web site and you will maintain ownership of your material, however SGA reserves the right to edit your article in any way we see fit. (for both grammar as well as content)
- We cannot guarantee that everything we are sent will be published. We have very strict controls in place regarding the quality of information on our site. Whether we decide to publish your article or not, if you take the time to submit we will let you know either way.
If you are OK with this, then please read the following guidelines for submission.
- Send the text of your article in the body of an email, no document attachments please.
- A picture paints a thousand words, make sure you include a few good snaps. Photos should be added as separate attachments in .jpg format. Please do NOT insert them into Word docs, they must be attached separately. You can make a note in the doc if you need the pic to appear at a certain spot. There is no need to send ultra-hi resolution pics. Around 1 to 2 meg or so per pic is a good place to aim.
IMPORTANT – Your pictures may be resized to 680 pixels wide x 368 pixels high. Please keep this in mind when supplying your pics. Portrait shots will have to be cropped and will not work as well as landscape.
- Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure you include your full name and a contact phone number in the email.
- We will take care of the formatting and preparing your article for publishing.
- Keep articles between 500 and 1000 words if possible.
So get your quills out and get creative – write on!