30 Gastons Rd
Eltham VIC 3095
Do you want to grow a bumper crop of garlic with big fat aromatic bulbs that will keep you in garlic till the next season? Do you want to learn about growing garlic in a way that minimises negative impacts on the environment and your health? Sustainable Gardening Australia is excited to be working with Penny Woodward (Author of 8 books including “Garlic”, photographer, presenter, organic gardener) to bring you this class on growing garlic sustainably.
What will be covered during this Master Class:
– Types of garlic, its diversity, groupings and cultivars
– How to choose your garlic seed type to improve the way your crop grows, harvests, stores
– Soil preparation, planting, growing, harvesting, curing, storing and using
– Characteristics of different types of garlic including examining of samples
– Tips, myths and traps
– Solutions to common problems
There will also be an opportunity to purchase some of Penny’s fabulous books at a discount including Garlic, Pest Repellent Plants, Asian Herbs and Vegetables, Community Gardens, Grow Your Own Herbal Remedies and more.