525 Williamstown Rd
Port Melbourne VIC 3207
What You Will Learn
- How to grow a native garden at low cost
- Propagation skills and techniques
- Tips and Tricks for success
What You Get
- A pot of cuttings to take home
- Notes from the class
- Discount tube tubestock – $2 per tube stock bought on the day from the nursery (normal price $3.30)
Ever wondered how to start a garden without paying for plants? Join this interactive Master Class on how to propagate native plants from cuttings. From the science to the practice, after this workshop you will have the necessary knowledge to propagate any plant you like!
This Master Class will cover:
- Propagation methods and when propagation from cuttings is a good option
- Equipment required
- Why and how plants can grow from cuttings
- Types of cuttings
- Demonstration of techniques
- Tips for success
- Practice your propagation skills
- Question and Answer
- Time permitting – propagation from seed and division may be briefly covered.
In the morning of the same day and at the same venue we are running a Master Class on “Native Plant Propagation from Seed“. If you book both classes you can attend both classes for $80 ($40 per class). You will need to book each class separately by useing the “2 class – Cuttings & Seed” ticket option when booking your tickets.
Additional Info :
- Propagation secateurs will be provided on the day for use but if you have a favourite pair, please bring them along to use
- If you prefer to use gardening gloves, please BYO
- To ensure no plant diseases are introduced to the nursery, all plant stock for propagation will be provided by the nursery. Please do not bring any plant stock from home to propagate
Master Class Presenter – David Sparks
David has studied Ecology and Botany at the University of Queensland. He has had 6 years experience in ecological restoration and environmental education and has worked at St. Kilda Indigenous Nursery for over three years. He is currently also studying the Graduate Diploma in Adult education at RMIT.