By selecting an ECLIPs member you not only get a great garden, but you can rest assured that you have made a positive contribution to the health of our environment. ECLIPs members have an understanding of natural systems. They understand the geology, climate, soils, plants and ecology. They combine this knowledge when designing , constructing and maintaining landscapes. An ECLIPs member differs from a conventional landscaper through the techniques and products used, striving to create and maintain gardens in an environmentally responsible way.
The goal is not only to enhance the site but improve it for both yourself and wildlife. ECLIPs members will build healthy soil and choose plants that will grow and thrive in the conditions on your site.
The key principles of ECLIPs
To design, construct and maintain gardens and other open spaces that:
- Minimise the use of water
- Minimise the use of harmful chemicals
- Enhance the opportunity for biodiversity
- Avoid the disruption of natural systems
- Avoid the use of locally invasive plants
- Your more sustainable and energy efficient garden reduces water and energy costs, and ongoing maintenance costs.
Click here to view profiles and picture galleries of some of our ECLIPs members.